Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Model changes not present in analysis services connector data set

Hi,

I'm deployed a Tabular model and consumed this model via the analysis services connector in the Power BI service.

I made changes to dim table.  After redeploying the model and I can see the new field when I browse the model from SSMS.  

The dataset in Power BI doesn't update.  Is it possible to update an existing dataset with changes from the model?

Also note if I create a new dataset with new connection to the model I don't immediately see the new field.   I had to wait approx 1 hour before I saw the field.  I assume something is being cached.  

I'm currently working on a proof of concept hence development is fairly fluid.

Best

Lee 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous

Both issues you have encountered should actually be working.

1. If you add a column/measure, it should (after deployment) be visible to the Power BI Web Service / PBI Desktop Application. Do you encounter the same problem with the desktop application?

2. Seeing the data after 1 hour is also uncommon. Does the manual refresh work and is the column still invisible afterwards?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous

Both issues you have encountered should actually be working.

1. If you add a column/measure, it should (after deployment) be visible to the Power BI Web Service / PBI Desktop Application. Do you encounter the same problem with the desktop application?

2. Seeing the data after 1 hour is also uncommon. Does the manual refresh work and is the column still invisible afterwards?

How is 'it should work' a solution?

Has this been addressed. I have very inconsistent experiences like those described above. Most deployments are immediatelly visible, but sometimes there is a lag. Is there time needed to propogate changed through the cloud? What is causing this?

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue, is there a solution for this? I left mine overnight and still it had not updated, I had to rename the cube and create another connection on PowerBI. It's really frustrating.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The new data came in after a page refresh.   There was around a 15 minute lag which is okay.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors