Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Model changes not present in analysis services connector data set

Hi,

I'm deployed a Tabular model and consumed this model via the analysis services connector in the Power BI service.

I made changes to dim table.  After redeploying the model and I can see the new field when I browse the model from SSMS.  

The dataset in Power BI doesn't update.  Is it possible to update an existing dataset with changes from the model?

Also note if I create a new dataset with new connection to the model I don't immediately see the new field.   I had to wait approx 1 hour before I saw the field.  I assume something is being cached.  

I'm currently working on a proof of concept hence development is fairly fluid.

Best

Lee 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous

Both issues you have encountered should actually be working.

1. If you add a column/measure, it should (after deployment) be visible to the Power BI Web Service / PBI Desktop Application. Do you encounter the same problem with the desktop application?

2. Seeing the data after 1 hour is also uncommon. Does the manual refresh work and is the column still invisible afterwards?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous

Both issues you have encountered should actually be working.

1. If you add a column/measure, it should (after deployment) be visible to the Power BI Web Service / PBI Desktop Application. Do you encounter the same problem with the desktop application?

2. Seeing the data after 1 hour is also uncommon. Does the manual refresh work and is the column still invisible afterwards?

How is 'it should work' a solution?

Has this been addressed. I have very inconsistent experiences like those described above. Most deployments are immediatelly visible, but sometimes there is a lag. Is there time needed to propogate changed through the cloud? What is causing this?

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue, is there a solution for this? I left mine overnight and still it had not updated, I had to rename the cube and create another connection on PowerBI. It's really frustrating.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The new data came in after a page refresh.   There was around a 15 minute lag which is okay.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors