Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Angel
Resolver III
Resolver III

Merge tables multiple servers (using ODATA)

Hi, everyone

The scenario is this:

• Two tables in two databases from two different servers (Table 1 and Table 2).
  • I have used ODATA to connect with datas (ODATA Table1 and ODATA Table2).
  • I have done two reports using Power BI Desktop in every server (Report Table 1 and Report Table 2). Then I have published to power bi with same account.

The questions are:

• Do I have to install two on-premises gateaways (one per every dataset) to refresh data or is enough using only one?.
  • Can I merge data in Power BI Service in some way?.

We are using Power BI Pro

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Angel,

You would need to create a single PBIX file, and connect to the two OData source in this PBIX file, and you can use merge queries feature in Desktop to merge the tables.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Angel,

Firstly, you can use only one on-premises gateway to refresh your datasets, just make sure that you are able to access the two OData data sources from the machine that installing gateway.

Secondly, it is not possible to merge tables at Power BI Service side. We are only able to merge tables in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for your quick response...

Does anyone knows how can i solve the issue to merge tables from different servers???.

Is it posible in some way??..

Thanks,

@Angel,

You would need to create a single PBIX file, and connect to the two OData source in this PBIX file, and you can use merge queries feature in Desktop to merge the tables.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors