Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Browny8099

Manage Data Sources is not available in PowerBI.com

I have creatled a Power BI desktop report, uploaded to this PowerBI.com but the 'Manage Data Sources' is greyed out. If i upload the same desktop report using my friends login credentials though i am able to set the credentials in 'Manage Data Sources'.

Clearly there are differences between his and my settings, but i am not sure what. i have performed the test using the same software and PC so this must be something SharePoint or PowerBI related for each of us.

Much appreciate any help with this please.

Rich 

7 REPLIES 7
meysun
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

So even when you upload the file through browser, schedule refresh is greeted out for you.right?
What is the data source that you use in this file ?

Hi

I experience the sam problem. I connect via Power BI Desktop to my on premise SQL Server, get the data and then I upload the data to Power BI, The Data Set is being created, but Manage Data Sources is always greyed out. No matter what I do. Yes I followed the common troubleshooting. I tried everything, but it just does not work.

It really really drives me nuts, please help.

Stefan

Same problem here.  I used Power BI Desktop to create a report from QuickBooks Online data.  Published to PowerBI.com.  Everything seemed to work ok, but now the data won't refresh and the 'Manage Data Sources' is always greyed out.  

I'm also getting this issue....  Any idea as to when we can recieve a fix?

Tony
Frequent Visitor

Same issue. Is there a fix yet?

meysun
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

There shouldn't be a difference. There is known issue when publishing directly from the Power BI Deskop. The issue is fixed already and should be rolled out very soon.

So in one case, you might habe published it directly from Power BI Desktop and another case, used browser GetData to upload and that might be the difference.

Hi Meysun

Thank you for your reply.

I initially thought this was the case as the site that does work was uploaded from powerbi.com and the site that deosnt work i used the publishing option in the app. However, i have tried both ways and i am unable to get this to work.

This is really frustrating becuase we were hoping to roll this out as a solution to the business, providing this works then we would purchase 10 BI licenses, but we need the trial time to use fully to see the benefit and the time is already ticking.

Appreciate your response or and more info you may have.

Rich

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors