Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bando
Frequent Visitor

Issue with mixing importing Excel file with getting data from Excel

When I import an Excel file using the import method, to get at a powerPivot table, and then importing data from a second Excel sheet, using the get data method, I have an issue with then editing the query. If I try and transform a column from numerical data to text I get data erros when I then apply this. I've tried loading the second Excel file on it's own and the query edit loads fine.

Any Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bando,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Which error throws out? Please share detail steps for us to test it.

By the way, please try to use the latest desktop version 2.43.4647.541.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Thsi morning I've only been able to reproduce the error once after 7 tries. Perhaps the reboot has helped. I've included a screenshot of the error message.

Screengrab.png

Hi @Bando,

It seems the issue occurs intermittently.  Please click the Error to see detail error message and share it here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I can't reproduce the error message anymore but the gist of the message was "couldn't convert text to number".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors