Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cdaley
Regular Visitor

Is Enterprise Gateway compatible with SQL Server 2008 R2?

I've done plenty of searching online but can't find relevant info on Enterprise Gateway compatibility with older versions of SQL Server.

Any pointers in the right direction would be welcome.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
DiegoADD

Hi, i have the same question, but about Analysis Services, i try to connect Enterprise Gateway with MSSQL 2008 R2 SP3 SSAS and show me this error code "DM_GWPipeline Gateway Unsupported ServerVersion".

You know why? or Well, you know if SSAS on this version not is compatible with Power Enterprise Gateway?

This is old but no answer to my same question. Can we connect PowerBI to SQL Server 2008 R2?

I have the same question...... we are using SQL 2008 and I would like to know if the enterprise gateway and direct query will work.

Thanks

I have the same question...... we are using SQL 2008 and I would like to know if the enterprise gateway and direct query will work.

Thanks

cryan
Frequent Visitor

It works. I've been using the Direct Query option, going through the Enterprise Gateway to 2008 R2 with SQL Server Authentication (Basic) and with Windows Authentication.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors