Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

franzkie83
Regular Visitor

Integration of Power-BI in a company

HI,

I did already an EDX Course for Power-BI but have an open issue on that.

Is following System Architecture possible:

Company Internal System Architecture:  ERP -> SQL-Server -> Analysis -Server    -> Power BI Desktop

In special where are the reports generated by power BI desktop stored and is it possible to generate a global view(at startup of power bi desktop) of dashboards, reports for organizations like finance, sales, purchase etc. ? We don't want to use the Power BI Service or Cloud etc.

If possible such an example as an system overview for me would help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Franz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @franzkie83,

Do you mean that share reports in Power BI Desktop without using Power BI Service to other users? If that is the case, you would need to send the Power BI Desktop file to other users.

However, if you mean that you want to share dashboard of Power BI Service to other users and don't want the users to sign in Power BI Service, you can use Publish to Web feature.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @franzkie83,

Do you want to firstly import data from ERP to SQL Server or SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS)  and then connect to SQL Server database or SSAS database in Power BI Desktop?  If that is the case, it is possible to connect to SQL Server database or SSAS database via the following entries in Power BI Desktop. For the process the import data from ERP to SQL Server or SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS) , you’d better contact ERP support.
1.PNG

Besides, after importing data from SQL Server database or SSAS database, you can create reports in Power BI Desktop, and reports are stored in the Power BI Desktop file. In Power BI Desktop, there are no dashboards, but you can put finance, sales, purchase reports into different report pages and name these pages with what you want.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI Lydia,

thanks for the fast response:)

Thanks for the answers so this is understandable for me, except the part with the dashbords. So is there a possibility to share dashboards or so company/organization  wide without using the power bi service ?

Target is somehow that the aata is not in the internet so just transfered internally in the company network.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Regards,

Franz

Hi @franzkie83,

Do you mean that share reports in Power BI Desktop without using Power BI Service to other users? If that is the case, you would need to send the Power BI Desktop file to other users.

However, if you mean that you want to share dashboard of Power BI Service to other users and don't want the users to sign in Power BI Service, you can use Publish to Web feature.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Sorry, I have a question regarding the integration of Power BI into SSRS, if you can help me solve it a lot, thank you. In the company we want to do the integration but we have doubts of which license to acquire, we do not know if the license of SQL 2016 is enough or the acquisition of the license of the Power BI is necessary. What we want is that the dashboards are viewed from the SSRS portal locally, we are not interested in consuming it from the cloud. Again, many thanks in advance.

Hi @jonmujica,

I have same concern like you for price/lics for deployment/comsuming pbi to SSRS. So far there is no information for that but you could follow up these topics:

I think require lics/price will be updated when it's GA.

Thank you very much for your help, it was very useful for me. Have a good day

Thanks Lydia for the help:)

Wish you a nice weekend.

Regards,

Franz

Hi @franzkie83,

I think you are finding on-premise deployment solution, so it's possible with Power BI publish to SSRS, but it's in technical preview stage and will be GA soon: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlrsteamblog/2017/01/18/getting-started-with-the-technical-preview...

@Tringuyenmindh92: You are right because the data are very sentitive; Thanks for the Link:)

Regards,

Franz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors