Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Implementation 2.0 SAP Connector

Hi,

I have been testing the new Implementation 2.0 SAP Connector against our SAP BW system explained here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sap-bw-connector

It works beautifully when using Desktop with significantly lower memory usage and faster execution than the 1.0 version.

However, when I publish to the PBI Service and try to use our gateway to refresh the data, I get the following error:

Error.PNG

Do I have to install something on the VM running the gateway?

I tried to install the SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET 3.0.20.0 for Windows 64-bit (x64) as zip file (7.180 KB), January 16, 2018 on the VM, but it still doesn't work.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Just an update that with June deployment of the gateway, this is now working as expected with the reports being to be refreshed on PBI service

View solution in original post

Hi,

The error message you have posted seems slightly different to the original thread although root cause may be the same.

The symptom that the original issue was related is:

• BW 2.0 connector refreshes sucessfully on Desktop
  • Same PBIX BW 2.0 connector fails on Service

The fix was to update the gateway with June patch (released 29th June - version 14.16.6745.2)

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-june-update-is-now-available/

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add that If it is just SAP (HANA) tables you are after or sub sets of it based on a SQL filter you may want to try the shareware tool ExtracTable at sourceforge.net instead of developing more complex .Net rfc connectors yourself. Call ExtracTable in commandline mode to make it start automatically. Works here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors