Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rubensalvador
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to see who has "Published to web"?

Dear Power BI community friends,

it's my first message (of many I expect) in this forum. We're currently assessing Power BI at our company and we're looking forward for the future.

Regarding this feature, can you help me find an answer to: 

• How can I, as a power bi administrator, see who has published to web
• How can I see all the "publish to web" links the users have created so far ?
• If I disable the "publish to web" functionality in the Admin portal, will that prevent an already created link to be viewed in the web?

many thanks for your clarifications in advance,

Best Regards

Rúben Salvador

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @Seth_C_Bauer

thanks for the reply, it partly answered my doubt.

I have additionaly found the way to track who had "published to web" by using the next audit log search way.

audit log searchaudit log search

Best

Rúben Salvador

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@rubensalvador There is a way to track it in the O365 audit logs - here but it may not help with what is out there already. If you disable the Publish to Web functionality all URLs will stop working if they have been published already.

This is also an all or nothing feature, in which you can't specify specific groups to have it, where you can with some of the other enable/disable features.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Dear @Seth_C_Bauer

thanks for the reply, it partly answered my doubt.

I have additionaly found the way to track who had "published to web" by using the next audit log search way.

audit log searchaudit log search

Best

Rúben Salvador

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors