Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ayupchap
Helper III
Helper III

Help with queries that pull data from two or more tables into powerBI via ODBC connection

Hi all

OK so I am new to ODBC connections and was super excited to get it to firstly work and then pull data from a table.  My ODBC connection uses a DSN from PostgreSQL.  I am new to sql statements, as in very new.  I can pull data from one table by doing the select * or selecting a few fields from one table but what I really need to do is pull data from 2 joined tables.  Can anyone show me a little example of how to do this in PowerBI (I pressume this is done in the ODBC, SQL advanced area)?  Basically if I have 2 tables table A and Table B which share a relationship via connection_id how do I do this?  Also filtering of results, is this done once the data is in powerBI via the filter options?

Any help for this excited newbie much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Ayupchap,

Please review the following blogs about how to join postgresql tables, then put the statement into SQL statement textbox when using ODBC connector or postgresql connector in Power BI Desktop.

PostgreSQL JOIN
Joins Between Tables

1.JPG2.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Ayupchap,

Please review the following blogs about how to join postgresql tables, then put the statement into SQL statement textbox when using ODBC connector or postgresql connector in Power BI Desktop.

PostgreSQL JOIN
Joins Between Tables

1.JPG2.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is excellent thanks so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors