Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rkbnair

Google sheet

Is there any way to create a powerbi report by accessing data from Google sheet?

4 REPLIES 4
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Generally speaking, there is not good way today.  However, there is a hack that works sometimes.

This is the only way that I was able to do it and it only works if you only have a single sheet in your spreadsheet.

1. Go to your Google spreadsheet document
  2. Click on Blue button in the top right hand corner that says Share on in
  3. Generate a shareable link but make sure to select Can View option from a drop down
  4. User that link as a source for your Power Query using the "From Web Option"
  5. if you are lucky it should work, but with more complicated spreadsheets with graphics and multiple worksheets it may not work.

Not tested in PowerBI if is refreshable but the solution @andre  descibes , working on excel in Desktop.  I have more than 3 excel data models working & refreshing with Googlesheets. One thing to keep in mind is that the Google spreedsheets (new ) allows you to connect & view the data only from the first sheet.

Konstantinos Ioannou

Actually, in googlesheets  File-> Publish to Web and on the window open copy the link after you change the format from web page to excel .xlsx

Untitled1.png

Konstantinos Ioannou
Anonymous
Not applicable

@konstantinos Thanks your solution worked perfectly for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors