Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cuperman007

Google analytics errors

New to PowerBI - I've been through the training videos and I am trying to create a dataset from Google Analytics.

I want to report on the number of unique pageviews per date. 

I've selected Page PageViews and Time. When I try to filter the time by last 30 days I get an error:

"we can't report a single value for this dimension as it represents a rollup of multiple values whose details are not available"

What is the best way to extract GA data only for last x days?

Thanks

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cuperman007,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.50.4859.502 64-bit (September 2017), use slicer visual Relative mode to filter Last 30 Days data, there is no error throws out. You can refer to below screenshots: 

q3.PNGq4.PNG

In your scenario, please try the same desktop version and follow the same steps to test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft May I ask which date slicer did you use? The one you can filter last XXX days....

I have the same problems. I want to set the date range for last 30 days. 

In the query, I have this : #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Added Items", each[Date] >= #date(2017,8,12) and [Date] <= #date(2017,9,11))  in order to filter date.

I got the error: DataFormat.Error: We can't report a single value for this dimension as it represents a rollup of multiple values whose details are not available.  

But when I just filter 5 days instead of 30 days. It worked well, no errors.

I am wondering why and how to solve it if I want to get data for 30 days.

Hi Qiuyun.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

When I add [Page] dimension I get the error in the data

Regards,

Mark

2017-09-13_07-41-24.png

Hi @cuperman007,

I guess the issue may be related to the first row which has error. Please open the Query Editor, click Remove Rows-> Remove Errors to remove this row, then use the slicer Relative mode to filter data to see if the issue persists. By the way, please run the latest Power BI desktop version as ours. 

@Gracie I'm using the built-in slicer visual to filter data, set the mode as Relative. 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msftThanks. I still have a question. Is there a limit of rows when loading data from Google Analytics?  When I try to load 30 days GA data, it only returns 1,000,000 rows and gave me below error. 

DataFormat.Error: We can't report a single value for this dimension as it represents a rollup of multiple values whose details are not available.
Details:
(other)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors