Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cittakaro
Frequent Visitor

Getting wrong data from Sharepoint List

I am trying to get data from Sharepoint list into Power BI Dekstop, but I am getting the wrong information. For example I have sharepoint list "Task" with column "Assigned To" filled with correct value, but all I get in Power BI Dekstop is value '[List]'. 

image.pngimage.png

Thanks 😄

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
morgade1

I believe that is because SharePoint references the info in the people picker field with the data in the hidden user list. To connect to the list append this /_catalogs/users/simple.aspx to the end of the site and you should see the list. I would assume that in PowerBI you should connect and do a merge of the two related lists to fill in the proper information. 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

In your query editor, these columns should have a slightly different icon on the right hand side of the field name (normally a drop arrow).  This should let you grab the values from the 'list' and convert it into data for the row.  Even though there might be only a single value, its really down to how the data is stored.

Fixing in the query editor should give you the value your looking for.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cittakaro
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Morgade1,

you are right. There is hidden 'Users' list that I can bring in.

Thanks Ross73312,

You are right, I can see the value after I expand the icon. All I need to do now is link that ID with 'Users' list.

Thank you all, really appreciate it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In your query editor, these columns should have a slightly different icon on the right hand side of the field name (normally a drop arrow).  This should let you grab the values from the 'list' and convert it into data for the row.  Even though there might be only a single value, its really down to how the data is stored.

Fixing in the query editor should give you the value your looking for.

morgade1

I believe that is because SharePoint references the info in the people picker field with the data in the hidden user list. To connect to the list append this /_catalogs/users/simple.aspx to the end of the site and you should see the list. I would assume that in PowerBI you should connect and do a merge of the two related lists to fill in the proper information. 

morgade1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors