Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Get Twitter Impressions and Total engagements

Hello,

Is there a way I can capture Impressions and total engagements of a tweet from Twitter? I don't see that option available in Flow and upon investigation I confirmed it is unavailable in the Twitter- Connectors. Currently, the only way I see that available is to manually export the analytics from Twitter. However, I've seen folks on Twitter regularly updating Power BI reports of tweets related to an event which contains impressions and engagements regularly so it seems they are automating it somehow.

So far I have been successfully at capturing information from twitter via Flow and saving it in my Azure SQL database, however, I'm still looking for adding the impressions and engagements.

I searched around for a while and did come across these two articles. They are close but not exactly what I am looking for.

1. Stream Analytics and Power BI: A real-time analytics dashboard for streaming data
  2. Get started using Azure Stream Analytics: Real-time fraud detection

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks guys, but I was able to get the impressions and engagements created based on the same formulas Twitter uses. I'm good for now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@darogael,

How about you connect to the Power BI template in Power BI Desktop? Based on the following blog, you are able to get data about 
impressions and engagements.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/samlester/2016/07/06/create-your-personalized-twitter-analytics-das...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia.

That's the manual process I have been currently following. I'm looking at automating this somehow using Flow or Logic Apps. 

@darogael,

You can use Power BI REST API to push data from Twitter into a dataset, then create a real-time dashboard following the guide in this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-real-time-streaming/ .

There is also a similar thread for your reference.
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/collecting-live-twitter-data/td-p/235059

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks guys, but I was able to get the impressions and engagements created based on the same formulas Twitter uses. I'm good for now.

Can you tell us how? Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors