Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Gateways for Azure and Power BI

Has anyone tried installing both the Data Management Gateway (for Azure services like Azure Data Factory) and Power BI Enterprise Gateway on the same machine and have both working at the same time?

I tried doing that and one of my data sources (specifically Oracle) stopped working on the Enterprise Gateway with the usual "Cannot connect to the mashup data source".

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We followed up offline with @wonga and it seems to be working now on the same machine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I know that there used to be a stipulation that you could not install the Power BI Personal/Enterprise Gateway on the same machine as the predecessor Power BI for Office 365 Data Management Gateway. So, would be curious if the Azure Data Management Gateway is based upon the same code base and thus incompatible with new Personal/Enterprise gateways...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

We followed up offline with @wonga and it seems to be working now on the same machine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors