Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Gateways and system reboots.

From my experience, whenever the server reboots that my Gateway (Personal and Enterprise) is on, I have to re-enter my Power BI credentials into the gateway before it will come online.

How is everyone else handling this? Do you use a service account, rather than a personal one to authenticate against Power BI for the gateway? I'm concerned that if I am not available to thenter them, that the Gateway service would remain unavailable.

2 REPLIES 2
martynshort
Frequent Visitor

My enterprise gateway acts in exactly the same way, I need to sign in after every reboot otherwise the gateway is unavailable. Is this a known issue?

Dramus - Did you get any resolution for this?

dimazaid
Employee
Employee

Hi,
If you're using the Personal gateway make sure you install it as an admin on that machine, otherwise it'll keep asking you to re-enter your PBI credentials. 
Enterprise gateway only gets installed as an admin so it shouldn't be asking to re-enter credentials.

Thanks!
Dimah

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors