Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gateway with DocumentDB and on premise sql server

I have a dataset that has a connection to DocumentDB and an on premise sql server.  I have an enterprise gateway setup for the sql connection and that works fine.  If i try and schedule a refresh it will only allow me to do so through my personal gateway [which i don't want to use any more].  If i publish the same pbix file with just the documentdb connection it works, and if it only has the sql connection it works with the enterprise gateway.  But when i have both datasources in the same dataset, i am forced to use the personal gateway....Is this supported via the enterprise gateway.  I have downloaded and installed the latest "on premise" gateway from the site today.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I test the scenario as yours and reproduce your issue.

When I combine on-premises SQL Server data source and online data source in a dataset, I will be forced to use personal gateway if I need to schedule refresh  for the dataset.  This issue has been submitted in the following link and the feature using enterprise gateway to work with online data sources is under review, please vote it. The current workaround  is to use the personal gateway to combine on-prem with online data sources.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13405644-combine-enterprise-gateway-and-online-data-sources

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I test the scenario as yours and reproduce your issue.

When I combine on-premises SQL Server data source and online data source in a dataset, I will be forced to use personal gateway if I need to schedule refresh  for the dataset.  This issue has been submitted in the following link and the feature using enterprise gateway to work with online data sources is under review, please vote it. The current workaround  is to use the personal gateway to combine on-prem with online data sources.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13405644-combine-enterprise-gateway-and-online-data-sources

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors