Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gateway failing with mysql data sources

Hey team,

Lately I have been getting errors on the gateway on data sources that query from two different mysql databases. On Power BI Desktop, everything gets manually refreshed, but on the gateway, I have been getting credential errors, although everything is properly setup.

In order to test it, I ran the following test:

Published two different datasets (each querying from individual databases), and the refresh worked properly.

Whenever I tryied adding two databases into the same dataset, the refresh failed through the gateway.

Did anyone face this issue? I have been trying to find a solution for this error for weeks, and unfortunately, got no success.

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Could you please post the full error message? Do you use same account and credential to connect to the two MySQL databases?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft,

For the different connections I have the same username and different passwords. The configuration of each connection on the gateway follows accordingly.

Here is the error message I face for this issue:

Last refresh failed: Wed Jan 17 2018 10:21:07 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
We reached the data gateway, but the gateway can't access the on-premises data source.

Cluster URI: WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: 1eafb7bf-37bb-4bed-9287-39a37f34b6d3

Request ID: 827cbf1f-6288-bb35-472f-be6922232b6a

Time: 2018-01-17 09:21:07Z

@Anonymous,

In a single PBIX file, how do you connect to different databases using same username with different passwords?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-yuezhe-msft

Here's a screenshot of my DBs:

PBI-DBs.png

They are hosted on two different IPs, with two different credentials. The same username for both connections is just a coincidence, let's say.

@Anonymous,

Could you please also post screenshot about the MySQL data sources you added within gateway?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-yuezhe-msft,

Here's a screenshot of both databases on the gateway. For safety reasons, I deleted the IP and real DB name.

PBI-DB1.pngPBI-DB2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-yuezhe-msft,

I am still facing those issues. Did you have time to take a look into a possible solution?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors