Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dwt12777

Gateway error: The import OleDb.DataSource matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

Hey folks, I'm trying to set up a personal gateway for the first time and have run into the following problem:

I'm using the Personal Gateway as I learn more about the world of Power BI,  I have a dataset which I've created in PowerBI Desktop.  It pulls data from 3 sources: SQL Server, SAP/Sybase ASE (not ASA), and MS Excel.

I am able to successfully hit all the datasources in Power BI and manually publish to the Service (and ultimately share content with others).  Now I'm just trying to get things set up so I don't have to manually refresh things myself every day.

But after installing the Personal Gateway and seemingly getting it all set-up correctly (it had me re-authenticate to all my datasources, which seemed to work fine), it fails when I try to have it refresh (I tested it by clicking Refresh Now).  The error I get is:

The import OleDb.DataSource matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

Anyone out there run into something similar and have some suggestions?  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dwt12777

I think I may have figured this out.  Posting here in case someone runs into something similar.

In the section "List of available data source types" from the following article, I noticed OLE DB was not listed: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/

So I switched my Sybase ASE connection from OLE to ODBC, republished my dataset, re-tried "refresh now" through the gateway and it all worked.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dwt12777

I think I may have figured this out.  Posting here in case someone runs into something similar.

In the section "List of available data source types" from the following article, I noticed OLE DB was not listed: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/

So I switched my Sybase ASE connection from OLE to ODBC, republished my dataset, re-tried "refresh now" through the gateway and it all worked.

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors