Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NathanClouseAX

Gateway and Data Refresh Issue

I've been looking through the forum and haven't found anything similar. I am on a pro trial license. I have the enterprise gateway configured on a test server. That was installed by an admin on the box and is running as a service. I have gateways available in PowerBI (web) and they are marked as configured correctly and online. When trying to refresh a dataset created in PBI desktop from the web, I get this:

2016-06-22 21_40_27-Power BI.png

As you can see, My account is a pro trial user but it is trying to reach out to a personal gateway. When i look at settings for my dataset, in this case "asdf", this is what I see even though my account is pro.

2016-06-22 22_02_48-Power BI.png

I can go in and look at my gateways that are marked as "online" and everything appears fine. All data sources are set to be "Organizational" privacy level.

2016-06-22 22_04_23-Power BI.png2016-06-22 22_04_59-Power BI.png

I can actually delete and re-create these without issue and I only have the enterprise gateway running, not personal. I uninstalled, deleted and/or removed everything that I could from my server and workstation and reinstalled everything just incase it was a version issue. I encountered no issues with that but I still get the same data refresh issue. Also, most likely related is this error:

2016-06-22 22_24_51-Power BI.png

So given all of that, I am wondering if my issues are caused by my account being treated as both a LiveID account and an O365 account with PRO Trial. I'm not sure where to go next to resolve this. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
jat75
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are experiencing the same problem with the Get Data to connect to SSAS data sources. We have a ticket open with Microsoft - if there's a fix I'll share.

@jat75 did you hear anything back?

when I have some free time I will make another O365 not associated with MSDN and see if that solves my issue.

@NathanClouseAX I currently have a ticket open but no resolution has been found so far. We were experiencing the issue wit another Power BI tenant but strangely it started working in that tenant. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors