Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

svandamme
Frequent Visitor

Gateway Error ODBC

Hi,

I have an Excel that is linked to the database via ODBC. I published the PowerPivot data model in Power BI desktop and published it to Power BI. I installed the enterprise gateway on my computer. I went to Power BI and added a datasource to the gateway. In the connection string I filled in dsn=MINV1 and then I get following error:

ODBC: ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application    

When I look on the internet it seems to have something to do with 32b and 64b driver. My OS is 64-bit but Excel is 32-bit. Do I need to have 64-bit driver to be able to set up the gateway? 

Any help is very much appreciated. 

Greets,

Steven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @svandamme,

Power BI doens't have 32 bit data gateway now. From your description, it seems that your DSN is 32 bit, I think that should be the issue. Please try to create a 64 bit ODBC DSN, then add a data source under data gateway to see if the same issue occur.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @svandamme,

Power BI doens't have 32 bit data gateway now. From your description, it seems that your DSN is 32 bit, I think that should be the issue. Please try to create a 64 bit ODBC DSN, then add a data source under data gateway to see if the same issue occur.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response. I will take it up with IT and see if a 64 bit ODBC driver won't have consequences because all our applications use 32-bit. 

Lograste hacer funcionar el gateway con un ODBC de 32 bits?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors