Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexeyRusinov
Helper II
Helper II

Error retrieving virtual entities from Dynamics 365

Hello everyone,

I connect my PB Desktop to Dynamics 365 online source, and it retrieves non-virtual entities correctly. However, when I try to retrieve a virtual entity  (which's source is  Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations) I get an error "powerbi paging cookie required when trying to retrieve a set of records on any high ages". 

Anyone faced this issue before? Is it possible to retrieve virtual entities from D365, or should I access original source instead?

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexeyRusinov,

1. Did you use the Dynamics 365 data source in Power BI desktop to get data from Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations?

2. Please try again after update the Power BI desktop to August version.

3. Please follow this article to check if you can retrieve virtual entities.

4. Please run Fiddler and enable desktop trace log, repeat steps to get data till the error occurs, share .saz file and desktop trace file with us.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors