Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

juliangopp
Frequent Visitor

Error: "The field 'XXXX' of the record wasn't found.

Hello everyone,

we're currently testing PowerBI for our company, in connection to MS Dynmics NAV 2016 deployed in Azure.
When setting up the service to get data from NAV, we're receiving an error, that makes me wondering if we missed any setup in NAV.
The error we receive is the following:

"We couldn't import data from Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Sales Report

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Data source type
Processing error The field 'TopCustomerOverview' of the record wasn't found.
Correlation ID502e2585-2cbe-55b9-eec3-5e53483287f3
Activity ID6c85b484-e6cf-4381-a677-114f18eb673e
Request IDaa50ebdb-fcd0-6215-c28e-1f7e9b39b6eb
Status code 400
TimeFri Jun 09 2017 08:43:08 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.2465

We have a self signed certificate. I heard this sometimes makes problems, but this error doesn't really seem to be related to the certificate.
I can access the OData Link through my webbrowser, and can pass the authentication with my username and password.
I can successfully set up a OData connection between Excel and NAV to receive a particular table.

Does anyone has an idea what my problem is?
Do I need to set up any more Web Services in NAV?

Thank you very much!

Rgds, Julian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution:

The first error (Processing error The field 'TopCustomerOverview' of the record wasn't found.) is related to missing queries in the webservices. I added the queries 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 as I found these queries are a standard in the Cronus database and I found those in many training videos as well.

After I added those queries my dataset still wasn't loading and I experienced problems as described in my third reply in here.

I received a failure saying the field 'No.' of the entry could be found.

I asked somebody for help, he clicked through all the O-Data links from my queries. We found at the queries 105 (Sales Opportunities) in the browser it didn't show up any dates like in the other reports.

So we tried to set up an Opportunity in NAV and found in the marketing setup, we missed to configure a Number Series for the Opportunities. I guess this was the problem. We then created a number series, assigned it in the marketing setup to the Opportunities. Created one example Opporunity and then we were able to connect Power BI to our NAV environment.

Thanks!

Rgds, Julian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @juliangopp,

Please open Power BI desktop, use Get Data -> OData feed to see if you can get data successfully. If it works, please publish the report to Power BI service and refresh it to see if the issue related to content pack itself.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

after further testing with Power BI desktop, we figured out that the reports we publish from there, do not receive current data from Dynamics NAV. We only receive the current data if we update in Power BI desktop and then republish it.

Now while trying again to setup the connection from Power BI (online) to Dynamics NAV it's loading a Dashboard with all the Tabs but not showing any informations in the Tabs, and it says "There was an issue loading one or more tiles." and "Looks like the report no longer exists" as in the following Screenshot:

2017-06-13 16_57_55-Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Power BI.jpg

If I click in Reports Section on "Microsoft Dynamics NAV", it's showing the following error message:

"Something went wrong

Unable to load report
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID2b88453a-fd48-4629-bc9b-d14f734f8e99
Request IDaea3a310-738f-8bbd-8c0e-788262657d2d
Correlation IDe4bf3321-f91d-c3d9-67d1-d2f0cde9cd46
TimeTue Jun 13 2017 16:49:09 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.2465

But if I click my Report "Test-PowerBI-Top10Cust" I see what I created in Power BI Desktop:

2017-06-13 16_52_37-Test-PowerBI-Top10Cust - Power BI.png

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Am I missing any step? Do I need to create any particular reports in Dynamics NAV?

Do I need to install the data gateway, although our SQL Server is on MS Azure and can be accessed through the internet?

Thanks for any ideas!

Rgds, Julian

Solution:

The first error (Processing error The field 'TopCustomerOverview' of the record wasn't found.) is related to missing queries in the webservices. I added the queries 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 as I found these queries are a standard in the Cronus database and I found those in many training videos as well.

After I added those queries my dataset still wasn't loading and I experienced problems as described in my third reply in here.

I received a failure saying the field 'No.' of the entry could be found.

I asked somebody for help, he clicked through all the O-Data links from my queries. We found at the queries 105 (Sales Opportunities) in the browser it didn't show up any dates like in the other reports.

So we tried to set up an Opportunity in NAV and found in the marketing setup, we missed to configure a Number Series for the Opportunities. I guess this was the problem. We then created a number series, assigned it in the marketing setup to the Opportunities. Created one example Opporunity and then we were able to connect Power BI to our NAV environment.

Thanks!

Rgds, Julian

Dear @v-qiuyu-msft,

thank you very much for your quick reply!

We have successfully created a report in Power BI Desktop, published it, viewed it online and refreshed it online.

It's a very simple report. I hope this is sufficient to proof the connection works with Power BI Desktop.

If I now try to setup the connection between Power BI with the predefined Dynamics NAV set, I receive the same error again ("The field 'PowerBIFinance' of the record wasn't found.").

Is it possible that these predefined reports, dashboards, etc. are not compatible with some Versions of Dynamics NAV 2016?

Is it neccessary to set up some reports, and/or web services in Dynamics NAV before the predefined sets from Power BI (online) can be used?

Thanks for any ideas!

Rgds, Julian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors