Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wrosslayne
Regular Visitor

Enterprise Gateway with Analysis Services not passing logged in users credentials

I am using Enterprise Gateway with Analysis Services tabular.  It seems to work fine for other users but SQL Profiler shows that only my credentials are passed in the connection and not the logged in users credentials. 

• I setup the Enterprise Gateway with my credentials
  • I created the report and shared the dashboard. 
  • We are using an onmicrosoft.com tenant.
  • I've mapped the user credentials from onmicrosoft.com to our domain name
  • Our AD in not synced with Azure AD

Is there another step to ensure you don't use the same credentials for all Analysis Services connections?  I would prefer it generate an error rather than work without using the EffectiveUserName of the user logged into app.powerbi.com.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wrosslayne
Regular Visitor

I see that I was mistaken.  In Profiler the last column, RequestProperities, in the xml PropertyList I see that EffectiveUserName does show the user logged into app.powerbi.com.  So easy and I was making it difficult.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wrosslayne
Regular Visitor

I see that I was mistaken.  In Profiler the last column, RequestProperities, in the xml PropertyList I see that EffectiveUserName does show the user logged into app.powerbi.com.  So easy and I was making it difficult.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors