Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jepcom

Enterprise Gateway, oracle Data source: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

Im having problem adding an Oracle Datasource. I looked around the forum, and ther users have had success in reinstalling. This didn't wrk for me (even though i took over the old gateway settings)

Im getting this error message:

Power BI

Forbindelsen kunne ikke oprettesDer opstod en fejl under forsøget på at oprette forbindelse til 172.16.50.21:1521/qcdb. Oplysninger: "Der kan ikke oprettes forbindelse til miks-datakilden. Du kan få mere at vide i fejloplysningerne."Skjul detaljer
Aktivitets-id:4cd29032-b1a4-46f5-8011-f4129f3f06f5
Anmodnings-id:1e73167a-b5ee-ce74-96c0-b0a5dc5b2a2c
Klynge-URI:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Statuskode:400
Fejlkode:DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError
Klokkeslæt:Thu Aug 18 2016 10:16:32 GMT+0200 (Romance Summer Time)
Version:13.0.1605.328

With the underlying error:

Power BI

Underliggende fejlkode:-2147467259
Underliggende fejlmeddelelse:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind:Oracle
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath:172.16.50.21:1521/qcdb
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error

In the log it says:

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError
Reason= --->
[1]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayPipelineWrapperException: Substituted: MashupValueException:<pi>Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupValueException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupResource.TranslateException(Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupResource.StartEvaluationAndGetResultSource[T](Int32 timeout)
at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupCommand.EvaluateAndGetSource[T](String commandText, CommandType commandType, Int32 commandTimeout, MashupParameterCollection parameters, String resultTransform, Boolean forColumnInfo, Boolean executeAction)
at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior commandBehavior, MashupCommandBehavior mashupCommandBehavior)
at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.DataSourceReference.TestConnection(String connectionString)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.MashupCommon.MashupUtils.DSRTestConnectionAsync(String dsrJson, MashupCredential credential)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayDataAccess.MashupOleDbConnectionProvider.<TestConnectionAsync>d__b.MoveNext()</pi>

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_UnknownError
InnerType=MashupValueException
InnerMessage=<pi>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</pi>
InnerToString=<pi>Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupValueException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupResource.StartEvaluationAndGetResultSource[T](Int32 timeout)
at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupCommand.EvaluateAndGetSource[T](String commandText, CommandType commandType, Int32 commandTimeout, MashupParameterCollection parameters, String resultTransform, Boolean forColumnInfo, Boolean executeAction)
at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior commandBehavior, MashupCommandBehavior mashupCommandBehavior)
at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.DataSourceReference.TestConnection(String connectionString)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.MashupCommon.MashupUtils.DSRTestConnectionAsync(String dsrJson, MashupCredential credential)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayDataAccess.MashupOleDbConnectionProvider.<TestConnectionAsync>d__b.MoveNext()</pi>
InnerCallStack= at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupResource.TranslateException(Exception exception)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayDataAccess.MashupOleDbConnectionProvider.<TestConnectionAsync>d__b.MoveNext()
([1]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayPipelineWrapperException.StackTrace:)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayDataAccess.MashupOleDbConnectionProvider.<TestConnectionAsync>d__b.MoveNext()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
([0]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.MashupDataAccessValueException.StackTrace:)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.ConnectionStrings.AdoNetDbFullConnectionString.<TestConnectionAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.ConnectionStrings.DbFullConnectionString.<TestConnectionAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.GatewayProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass28.<<TestDataSourceConnection>b__27>d__2a.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Common.Diagnostics.PipelineTelemetryService.<ExecuteInActivity>d__a`1.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.GatewayProcessor.<TestDataSourceConnection>d__2e.MoveNext()

4 REPLIES 4
ahmad
Frequent Visitor

Hii @jepcom
Please let me know if you got any Feedback about this problem because i'm facing the same error when i'm trying to connect power BI Gateway to NAV2013 R2.

ahmad
Frequent Visitor

HI..

please have you got any feedaback about this error because i'm facing the same problem when i'm connecting my power BI Gateway to my NAV2013 R2. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jepcom,

In your scenario, I would suggest you check if the Server name and Authentication Mode specified under On-Premises gateway are valid. You can open the Power BI Desktop, then connect to the Oracle database by specifying the server name and database authentication credential to check if connection can be built successful. After you get the data from Oracle database, please configure the data source under gateway use the same server name and credential.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-qiuyu-msft

Looking to your help,

i have almost the same problem, Enterprise Gateway with navision 2015 i have tried to connection from Power BI desktop as you mentioned and it has connect succesfuly but from power BI website it just stay loading without getting any data.

please any information abou this problem.

Regards

Ahmad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors