Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enterprise Gateway greyed out

Hello -

We have an enterprise gateway connected to on prem server locations and successfully using it on certain data sets and sources. However, on additional datasets, the option doesn't appear. All the files and folder locations have been added to the Gateway Manager settings. But when you go to the dataset settings, the Enterprise Gateway isn't available. 

Is there an error report or some way to determine why the Enterprise Gateway isn't available for certain datasets even though all the sources have been added to the gateway settings menu? 

4 REPLIES 4
nineruteAE

For anyone having trouble with this like I was - your file/folder name on your enterprise gateway data source must match exactly with the data source in the report file.

I had a bunch of excel files in a folder and had "Use an enterprise gateway" greyed out. As soon as I made a new gateway with the exact name of the data source I was using in the report - Boom - it came up as an option to use the gateway

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does "must match exactly" mean it must match case too?

mahimabedi
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Although the documentation states that the enterprise gateway should work for import data, when I try to set up a refresh it directs me to use a personal gateway and the enterprise gateway is greyed out. 

This is likely your new dataset is against a new data source, taking pc gateway as example, your old gateway is against c:\folder1 as data source, you set credential for your PowerBI.com for refresh. If new data source is now in c:\folder2 then you have to create 2nd gateway and set up access properly. Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors