Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Steve
Frequent Visitor

Enterprise Gateway and multi (cloud) data source compaitibility issues

Okay, I have the Enterprise Gateway successfully configured for an on premise SQL Server database and life is good.  That is until I want to enrich my model with data from Dynamics CRM Online.

I can build a model that integrates both SQL Server data and Dynamics CRM online data but when I publish this model I can no longer refresh the SQL Server data through the Enteprise Gateway.  If I remove CRM data from the model and republish, I can refresh through the Gateway once more.

With CRM data incorprated into the model, it tries to force me to use the Personal Gateway (Which does allow the multi source refresh).  How can I make this work with the Enteprise Gateway?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
manz
Frequent Visitor

I also have this same problem and finding it rather frustrating. Microsoft - any idea when this will be incorporated?

I also have this same problem and finding it rather frustrating.

Lawrence

I have the same problem and I am surprised. Does anyone know if there is already a solution?

dimazaid
Employee
Employee

Hi @Steve,

Combining Online data sources with the on-prem sources with the enterprise gateway is not supported. 
Please find add your vote here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13405644-combine-enterprise-gatew...

Thanks,
Dimah

It seems bizzare that that this functionality works fine with the Personal Gateway but not the Entrprise Gateway, I'm surprised that this isn't an issue for a greater number of users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors