Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

comurphy55
Regular Visitor

Embed with Sharepoint

We are using Power BI for our reporting and with the new Embed into Sharepoint feature we want to move that into Sharepoint and use that as a portal for our internal members. Unfortunately when I try to Embed into SharePoint i can add the WebPart in the Modern page and then add the link form Power Bi but it wont let me select a Page name or Display, or the Navigation Pane or Filter Pane. 

I have Power BI Pro now and I believe all my pages have names, based on the Tabs unless I need to update them somewhere else. If I take the web address from my it prompts me to tell me that I need Power BI Pro but only lets me select the 1 page and if I remove the ReportSection12 I get the earlier error. Any ideas as to what is not working for me to get this into SharePoint.

Thank You 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @comurphy55,

The issue is a little strange. I would suggest you create a support ticket at the end of this site to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @comurphy55,

Please check if all requirements met to use this feature.

• The Power BI (Preview) web part for SharePoint Online requires new SharePoint features to be enabled. Your tenant needs to be enrolled in the Set up the Standard or First Release options in Office 365 program to use this feature.
  • The First Release for everyone option must be selected.
  • The Power BI (Preview) web part for SharePoint Online requires Modern Pages.

Follow the document to use this feature: Embed with report web part in SharePoint Online.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, 

I have everything selected, as described in the directions. I built it as a Group page which set it as a Modern page, and I only have a Power BI pro license, and set the Release Preferences accordingly. Is there any time delay on this, as I tried last Friday and thats when I set the Release Preferences and made the page?

Thanks

When you edit the page, press the edit button on the web part to open the "Power BI (Preview)" task pane. Within the pane, you'll be able to select the options you desire. If you use the URL from File -> Embed in SharePoint Online, you should be able to select the default page. There is a toggle switch to enable page navigation. If you copied the URL from the browser address bar, it usually contains a page identifier in the URL (usually starts with "ReportSectionX"). If you remove that page identifier, you'll be able to set the page.

Thanks, when I go to the Power BI (Preview) task pane and put in the web address I am able to only select that page and it says that I need Power BI Pro to view this content, but I have Power BI Pro, and once I take out the Report Section, I am no longer able to select anything and I just get the preview of the Power BI app.

@comurphy55 Is that the account used in SharePoint online the same one in Power BI service?

Yes it is. 

Thanks

Hi @comurphy55,

The issue is a little strange. I would suggest you create a support ticket at the end of this site to get dedicated support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Not sure why it took so long but it worked yesterday evening, I logged in and saw it. Very cool feature and working well now. I didnt really do anything different than initially must have been because I was using BI for Free for so long. 

Thanks Everyone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors