Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

John
Regular Visitor

Dynamics NAV content pack for Power BI desktop

Hi all,

It's working fine on powerbi.com but I can't find it on the desktop version. Is it normal, or I'm missing something ?

In the case it is not, will this be available ?

Thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TPalmer
Employee
Employee

Hi John - the content pack uses the OData connector that also exists in the Power BI Desktop. While it's not listed as Dynamics NAV, that OData entry should allow you to connect when you provide the same URL as you do in powerbi.com.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
skacheech
Regular Visitor

Is there any update on this? I would love to have those NAV Content Pack dashboards/reports for Power BI Desktop.

David_Singleton

Did this ever become available as a down load for desktop verison?

TPalmer
Employee
Employee

Hi John - the content pack uses the OData connector that also exists in the Power BI Desktop. While it's not listed as Dynamics NAV, that OData entry should allow you to connect when you provide the same URL as you do in powerbi.com.

Hi TPalmer

Do you think it will become available for download so we can use it using the Desktop client?

Thanks

PalleA

Hi does that mean that the Desktop version downloads the Microsoft Dynamics NAV content pack so I can get the same dashboards "out of the box" as on Powerbi.com? Or do I have to build the dashboards myself? My customers wants to be able to run the Desktop version.

Thanks

PalleA

Hi PalleA,

It's not possible to get the content pack from powerbi.com (or I didn't find out how).

You will need to recreate the dashboards. It doesn't take too long.

Thanks John.

Annoying as I now have to invest time in learning ONE more Microsoft product of which I am never gonna be a real expert in and by that kinda wasting some of my time as I cant bill the customer for making a "copy" of the content package.

PalleA

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors