Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doubt with the kind of Gateway

Hi everyone!

I have many doubts with the gateway that I would have to use for my power BI.

My archive of Power BI desktop has 2 sources: one from SQL Server and another from Google Analytics. In my local everything is right when I refresh the data but when I publish online the refresh failed.
If I use the personal Gateway the SQL server conexion fail but If I use On premise Gateway I can´t use Analytics but the SQL server works fine.

Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

I see personal gateway is running now, please select the personal gateway for the dataset, then go to Data Source Credentials, enter credentials for both SQL Server and Google Analytics. See: Configuring scheduled refresh.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In your scenario, as the dataset contains the data sources connect to SQL Server and Google Analytics, we can only use the personal gateway. As data gateway cna't configure data source for the Google Analytics now. You can see this idea: Combine enterprise gateway and online data sources.

As you mentioned the SQL server data source is failed when using personal gateway, please check if the credential entered in service is the same as in desktop. Make sure the computer which hosts personal gateway can access the SQL Server. You can install the personal gateway in the computer which install the desktop.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your words @v-qiuyu-msft,

The thing is that I have been doing tests with my archive, I deleted the Analytics Source and I have worked only with the SQL server source.I have two copies of the same power BI: one that uses Personal Gateway and other with On premise Gateway.

The copy of the On Premise Gateway refreshs fine but the copy with the Personal Gateway gives me this error:

Captura.PNG

My computer which hosts personal gateway, can access the SQL Server.

Any idea?

Hi @Anonymous,

Please try to update the personal gateway to the latest version. Make sure the personal gateway is running.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft!

I have the last versión of personal gateway and I have running both gateways (Personal and On premise).

Captura.PNG

Can there be any kind of conflict between the two gateways?

Hi @Anonymous,

I see personal gateway is running now, please select the personal gateway for the dataset, then go to Data Source Credentials, enter credentials for both SQL Server and Google Analytics. See: Configuring scheduled refresh.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yesterday I decided to delete the dataset, the gateway, the report, everything....

And do everything from zero.

Now the SQL refresh works with both gateways (Analytics only with personal gateway).
I don´t know what was the problem exactly.

Thanks for your time @v-qiuyu-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors