Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ryan_Xiao
Frequent Visitor

Deadly waiting when expand "Gateway connection" sub-title to select gateway(personal or standard)

hi, 

Problem is mentioned in subject, "Use a data gateway" sub-title rejected to display its content but deadly in waiting state.

2018-2-11 17-33-25.jpg

What could I do to move on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ryan_Xiao

I would recommend you open a support ticket on the support.powerbi.com site.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Ryan_Xiao,

Restart your on-premises gateway service, make sure that you add all data sources of your dataset within the gateway, then check if the issue still occurs.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi, Lydia

Thanks for your reponse!

Unformtunately, it still does not work even after gateway is restarted. Two used csv files were successfully added to gateway cluster, as below.

2018-2-12 15-08-42.jpg

Any further suggestion?

@Ryan_Xiao,

Could you please post the  screenshot about data sources in Power BI Desktop? Do you use same path and credentials for these csv files in Power BI Desktop and gateway?

Regards,
Lydia

Hi, Lydia

About data source, they are from two points, web and mySQL. I added all related csv files and mySQL tables. These csv files are from different folders of the same web server, two samples pasted below.

2018-2-26 13-18-41.jpg2018-2-26 13-27-37.jpg2018-2-26 13-28-28.jpg

Screenshot about data sources in Power BI Desktop

2018-2-26 16-45-19.jpg

@Ryan_Xiao

Please mask sensitive information  such as email address when you upload images. In gateway, you also use IP address when adding MySQL data source, right?

Does this issue occur for this specific dataset or all datasets?

Regards,
Lydia

hi, Lydia

Thanks for your reminder on sensitive information!

Yes, IP Address is used for mySQL data source.

@Ryan_Xiao,

Does this issue occur for all the datasets in your Power BI Service?

Regards,
Lydia

Hi, Lydia

Yes. So far, I generated two PBI services and both services' dashboard update is blocked by the issue.

By the way, My gateway is running on one Windows VM.

@Ryan_Xiao

I would recommend you open a support ticket on the support.powerbi.com site.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors