Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

cgaine
Frequent Visitor

Dataset Won't refresh from OneDrive Excel file

I've created a PowerBI dashboad to analyse all our Bell mobility cost and usage data.  The report works great, but when I update the Excel file with new data, I can't get the Dataset on PowerBI.com to update.

After I update the Excel file in One Drive for Business I can refresh the dashboard from PowerBI Desktop no problem.  When I go onto PowerBi.com and try to refresh the Dataset I get an error message:

Something went wrong.
Datasource has no credentials

The only way I can update the data on PowerBI.com so far is to republish the report once I've updated the data in PowerBI desktop.

I tried to add a Data Source to my Gateway using the SharePoint URL (there is no option for OneDrive)  But that is not working, I get an error that the file can not be found.

I can create the Gateway to the file using the local file path on my computer.  However I still get the same error when I try to refresh the Dataset. When I test the connection it passes, but it seems not linked to the DataSet I created.

If anywone's got this type sync working, please let me know what I'm missing.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cgaine
Frequent Visitor

I figured out the Dataset setting was linked to my PowerBI -Personal gateway which does not exist.  I updated it to use the data Gateway and its all working good now.

Thanks to all those who pondered over my issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cgaine
Frequent Visitor

I figured out the Dataset setting was linked to my PowerBI -Personal gateway which does not exist.  I updated it to use the data Gateway and its all working good now.

Thanks to all those who pondered over my issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors