Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JAbarca

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL

Hola

Les agradeceré me puedan ayudar con este problema:

Desde PowerBI Desktop, al intentar conectar con una vista de MSSQL 2008 tengo el siguiente error. La vista no contiene columnas definidas como campos de fechas.

2018-05-30_21h17_05.png

Muchas gracias.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@JAbarca,

This is English forum, please post question in English. I translate your question using translator, and it seems that you get error message when connecting to a SQL view.

Could you please share sample data of all columns in the SQL view? I will try to produce this issue in my Desktop. In addition, after you import data to Power BI Desktop, do you find a "Change Type" step under APPLIED STEPS in Query Editor? If the step exists, remove it and check if the error goes away.

Regards,

Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that I don't speak spanish but from what I can tell of the error message, you have some data which is readable as "Text" and you have insteaded PowerBI to make a conversion attempt into the datatype of Date.  I often have this issue when I have DateTime data held in Text.  I firstly convert it into a DateTime datatype, then have a second step that makes the conversation from DateTime to Date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors