Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data refresh using excel source on sharepoint

Hello all,

I connect Power BI desktop with excel data source which is placed on a SharePoint. When I upload the visualization on power BI app, the data does not automatically get refreshed when any changes are made to this excel. 

When I looked into the data gateway settings, it shows that this type of connection does not need any data gateway but gives me an error. See below screen-print.  Am I missing anything? Any help will be appreciated.

Power BI gateway.JPG

Thanks,

Lakshay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the error message there would be 2 things that need to be fixed:

1. Its showing that there is a problem with the credentials.  Just below where the screen cuts off, you should see a link for  "Edit Credentials".  If these are your personal credentials, you will need to update this everytime your password changes.
  2. Setting up a refresh schedule is also required.  Connect directly is simply the method of how you will connect, but the schedule is when it will refresh and how often.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the error message there would be 2 things that need to be fixed:

1. Its showing that there is a problem with the credentials.  Just below where the screen cuts off, you should see a link for  "Edit Credentials".  If these are your personal credentials, you will need to update this everytime your password changes.
  2. Setting up a refresh schedule is also required.  Connect directly is simply the method of how you will connect, but the schedule is when it will refresh and how often.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I connect Power BI desktop with excel data source which is placed on a SharePoint. When I upload the visualization on power BI app, the data does not automatically get refreshed when any changes are made to this excel. 

When I looked into the data gateway settings, it shows that this type of connection does not need any data gateway but gives me an error. See below screen-print.  Am I missing anything? Any help will be appreciated.

Power BI gateway.JPG

Thanks,

Lakshay

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors