Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

Data Management Gateway to Salesforce

Can I connect to my salesforce instance from Data Management Gateway ?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

2 REPLIES 2
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

The Gatway is required to connect to on premise data sources. You should be able to connect to Salesforce without the Gateway.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In theory, maybe. See this link for supported data sources: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Supported-Data-Sources-and-Data-Types-cb69a30a-2225-451f-a9...

Since it supports Power Query, if you can connect to your Salesforce via Power Query with something like an OData feed or Salesforce Objects or Salesforce Reports, then maybe.

I say maybe because there are also supported authentication types buried in that link. 

The new Power BI Preview connects to Salesforce, there is a content pack for it so you might want to start looking down that route as my understanding is that everything is headed that way.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors