Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Lake Store data refresh rate

Hi,

the refresh rate of a Data Lake Store dataset published in the PBI Service is automatic and happens once an hour like the other cloud services like Azure SQL, OneDrive etc. or should be scheduled and in this case is 8 times a day (PBI Pro) or 24 times a day (PBI Premium/Embedded)?

Thank you in advance for sharing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

You would need to set schedule refresh for your dataset when connecting to Azure data lake store data source. For Power BI free and pro user, the refresh is up to 8 times a day, for Power BI Premium user, the refresh is up to 48 times a day.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mhammo
Helper I
Helper I

Has anyone actually been able to get an Azure Data Lake store to refresh automatically?

I have a file that I get from Azure Data Lake Store, imported it into Power BI Desktop, created my visualizations and Published to the Power BI Service. When I go to Settings, Datasets and select the published dataset, Auto Refresh gives me an error:

"You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh."

Data Lake is not listed on this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data 

Any ideas?

I am facing the problem. Please update if you got the issue resolved. 

No resolution...still not able to refresh from the Power BI Service.

Microsoft???

Hi all,

The same on my side. I've opened a ticket few day ago regarding this. Still in progress.

Regards,

Ruslan

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

You would need to set schedule refresh for your dataset when connecting to Azure data lake store data source. For Power BI free and pro user, the refresh is up to 8 times a day, for Power BI Premium user, the refresh is up to 48 times a day.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors