Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schevalier
Regular Visitor

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_ImpersonationError

I'm having so much trouble connecting the on premise gateway to the power BI. I'm really looking to use it but it's been quite a week trying to connect every thing. So far I've got good answer on the forum so thank you in advance for your answer

Here is my lastest problem: 

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to DATASERVER. Details: "Invalid connection credentials."Hide details

Activity ID:80d4bd0f-c296-403d-b9d4-d544da10bb5d
Request ID:5c29b5c2-d091-7a9b-a2c1-bc2f6e1bf905
Cluster URI:https://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:400
Error Code:DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_ImpersonationError
Time:Fri Nov 18 2016 10:02:26 GMT-0500 (Est)
Version:13.0.1700.631

I try the basic authentication method and the windows one. I tryed my domain\username and my username for power bi. None worked.

I tried the data server IP and data server name didn't change anything too

Any other suggestion

Thank you

Simon

3 REPLIES 3
briangreen_rslc

I too am having this issue. I have attached a screen shot of the error and settings.

error screen shot

Here is my error screenshot.

I do have the correct version of oracle client installed, I can connect to the db using SQL developer as well.

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to CDS01_12c_DEV.world. Details: "Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information."Hide details
Activity ID: 5d04c3bb-d937-4973-8b63-7fd82c0562ef
Request ID: 4fc49ee5-0cef-cee8-087b-5b534683b251
Cluster URI: https://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code: 400
Error Code: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError
Time: Tue Dec 20 2016 10:18:48 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.1700.811

Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: The provider being used is deprecated: 'System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.'. Please visit https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=272376 to install the official provider.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.Error

Troubleshoot connection problems

Data Source Name

Data Source Type
Select a data source typeSQL ServerAnalysis ServicesSAP HANAFileFolderOracleTeradataSharePointWebODataIBM DB2MySQLSybaseSAP Business Warehouse ServerIBM Informix DatabaseODBC

Server

Authentication Method

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @schevalier,

Could you please post a screenshot about your scenario? Firstly, please use SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) to connect to your SQL Server using same account and credential, then check if it is successful.

If there are no issues in SSMS, when adding data source under gateway, please make sure that the account being used matches the Authentication Method. Moreover, if you choose Windows Authentication Method, please install the gateway in a domain joined machine, which is in the same domain  as the server running SQL Server instance.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors