Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PRAMOD08
Frequent Visitor

Creating dashboard in power via azure .. when import from data is Zero

Hello 

When creating a Security policy managemt dashboard via Azure, I logging in using oauth2, but once the dataset completes there is no data of any in dashborad showing all data Zero ..

15 REPLIES 15
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PRAMOD08,

I can reproduce your issue if I use a personal account(outlook account) to connect to this content pack in the following screenshot. However, Power BI dashboard returns expected result when I use an organizational account to connect to the content pack.
1.PNG

Although personal accounts (such Microsoft Live accounts) are supported by Azure Security Center, the API and therefore the content pack does not return the expected values if the user connects with a non-organizational account. Please grant an organizational account  access to Azure Security Center and then use it to connect to the content pack again.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @Lydia Zhang 

Thank you for Valuable time to answer  , But my problem didn't sloved 

Even i fallowed This URL https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-content-pack-azure-security-center/

but the fourth option is not find in Power BI and when I give OAuth it redirect to Microsfot URL and I will give the Username and Password respective.... After It will take time to export data .. (no data will apper in dashboard ). when i click go to azure  security center  on top right UI .. it goes to Azure account and shows no subscription .. please help to slove this .. 

Thanking you in adavnce 

Hi @PRAMOD08,

What is the format of  your azure account? Is it a organizational account?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @Lydia Zhang

I have tried in both

1. organizational account have bizspark and pay as you go subscription 

2.personal account (gmail.com) Azure Free subscription

Hi @PRAMOD08,

Could you please post the format of your organizational account?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hello@Lydia Zhang

name@bizruntime.com

Hi @PRAMOD08,

Does the above account have access to Azure Security Center and Power BI Service?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi @Lydia Zhang

Yes , I have created Organization account for both azure and power BI with same. account

Eg: pramod.s@bizruntime.com

But how to check the access of azure security center to power BI. because I didn't find the fourth option in Power BI  with Power BI Documentation ( https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-content-pack-azure-security-center/ ).

Hi @PRAMOD08,

I didn't get that option as well. I followed the steps in this article to access Azure Security Center reports in Power BI. Please follow the guide in the "Using Azure Security Center dashboard to access Power BI " section to access Azure Security Center reports  and check if you get any issues.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hello @Lydia Zhang

I really Thanking you fro your patience for answering.
Let me tell You what issue am facing.
 I have fallowed the link(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/security-center/security-center-powerbi)  in that link Title = (Using Azure Security Center dashboard to access Power BI) in this option 4th is missing in mine.

Procedure I fallowed

1.when i click the  Explore in Power BI button it opens on the right side and shows the option and I have taken  Security insights dashboard
  after when I click Security insights dashboard it pop up to new window and ask credential of POWER BI in that I have provided the credential of Power BI and login, when it login it will show Connect to Azure Security Center Security Insights window appear

2.Authentication method is oAuth2 with  and other window appear i given aure credential and sign in
**NOTE:-NO content PACK Window appeared and in window appear(connect to azure security center security insight) URL is showing only URL:-https://management.azure.com/subscriptions

3.After all It will show importing data .. BUT no Data will appear ;(

HoPe you understand Mine Issue NOW

Hi @PRAMOD08,

Could you please share a file that contains deatiled screenshots about how you create Azure Security Center dashboard in Power BI? The 4th option in this article and this article points to different screenshot.

Before you create new dashboard in Power BI, remove these Azure Security Center dashboards that contain no data from Power BI .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

1st .png2nd.png3rd.png4th.png5th.png6th.png7th.png

Hi @Lydia Zhang

Hello I have Shared Screenshot Set by set Please .

Hi @PRAMOD08,

I note that in your sceanrio, the URL is https://management.azure.com/subscriptions.
1.PNG

When you sign in Azure portal using this URL: https://portal.azure.com and go to Subscription, do you see any subscription details?
2.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hello @Lydia Zhang,

Yes i have Pay as you go subscription .

Here i have attached the screenshot of my subscription. 🙂

screenshot of subscription(G).png

Small clarification  🙂 that i need to know .
1. when intergrating to power BI with azure  only orgaztional account must used ? no personal accont cant used  ? . 

Hi @PRAMOD08,

In your sceanrio, organizational account is required. As mentioned in the System requirements section of this article, the content pack also requires the user to connect with an organizational account (not a personal account).

And as stated in the Troubleshooting section, if the content pack loads but doesn't show any data, please confirm you're connecting with an organizational account. I suspect there are some issues with your organizational account? Could you please check if your colleague is able to use this content pack properly with organizational account?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors