Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mizzoudavis

Connecting to Web services via Power BI Service

Using Power BI Desktop I've successfully connected to a web data source via an API query (Teamwork.com) that I'd lke to analyze. Specifically, however, I need this data to refresh daily and to be viewable by my work group (0365 environment). The content is not available in one of the service packs listed on the Power BI Library which is discouraging... 

Is there any way to do what I'm trying to do within the confines of Power BI? If so, what combination of services/gateways, etc will I need in order to see daily refreshed data directly from Teamwork.com without needing a manual refresh + publish?

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mizzoudavis Once you publish report to power bi service, go to dataset settings, sign in under data source credentials and then setup daily schedule under Schedulre Refresh. Since you're using online data source you don't need any gateways.

Thanks for your reply!  I do not see a data source credentials under the data set settings. Is this a feature that's native to a certain account level?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors