Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

red_robot
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to Informix server with SQL statement - CASE expression returns "column not found" error

Hello Power BI users:

I have successfully connected to an Informix database but am encountering an error when I try to connect using the optional SQL statement.

My SQL statement contains a CASE expression like so:

SELECT ...

CASE

WHEN y.code IN(1,2,3) THEN "SUCCESSFUL"

WHEN y.code IN(4,5,6) THEN "UNSUCCESSFUL"

END AS status_result

The problem is that the Microsoft Informix Client interprets "SUCCESSFUL" in the above code as a column name and throws a -217 error saying that the "Column (SUCCESSFUL) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined). SQLSTATE=IX000 SQLCODE=-217"

I can run this exact same code using the SQuirrel SQL client agains the Informix server and return a result.

If anyone has any idea of how to get around this error, or know if it is an error in the underlying Informix driver, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
red_robot
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind ... I replaced all double quotes with single quotes and it appears to have fixed the error. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
red_robot
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind ... I replaced all double quotes with single quotes and it appears to have fixed the error. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors