Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect PowerBI to QlikView Data (Connector, ETL, or API)

May I know is there any connector or 3rd party API that allows Power BI to connect QlikView's data ?

The current process is writting script in QlikView to convert the table into CSV files and let it run with scheduled refresh.

Then from the CSV files, it was then imported into Power BI.

This process is cumbersome and tideous. Creates many error and time consuming.

Any best solutions are highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

There is no built-in QlikView connector in Power BI. I would recommend you contact QlikView support to check if QlikView provides any REST API that can be used to query data. It is possible to connect to API using Web entry in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AJI

This is the answer you are looking for: https://analyticsturbo.com/products/connector/

AJI

This is the answer you are looking for: https://analyticsturbo.com/products/connector/

cheyzaguirre
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anonymous 

I believe that there is no simple solution for the scenario you are living.
Why are you reading the data that was processed in QlikView, why don't you go to the source data and standardize the transformations from QlikView to Power BI? Our company worked many years with Qlik products and now we are focused on Power BI, and we have seamlessly migrated the transformation processes from Qlik to Power BI, if you don't do this, you will always depend on Qlik.
This is a common problem that organizations face when technological changes occur, from our perspective a good DataMart or DataWarehouse should allow you to change Products with little effort. In any case, all the options must be evaluated since they are times and costs very different.

A possible solution for your problem (if the qlik developments were done in 3 layers) would be the following:
The QlikView transformation processes in layer 2 generate QVD files which can also be stored in csv files. You only have to add a line after each Store instruction and the process would be carried out automatically each time the model is reloaded.
STORE "TableName" into "TableName" .csv (txt);
This would allow Power BI to read these files processed by qlik as a source of information and later you would have to perform the minor transformations that are carried out in Qlik layer 3 (presentation).

I hope you find it useful, regards Christian

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

There is no built-in QlikView connector in Power BI. I would recommend you contact QlikView support to check if QlikView provides any REST API that can be used to query data. It is possible to connect to API using Web entry in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Has anyone been able to connect to Qlik via a REST API? (Or any other means)

I want to transition my company to Power BI from Qlik and it's going to be so much easier if I don't have to throw away all the legacy Qlik stuff.

I can't be the only one who needs to do this!

This is going to help for sure https://analyticsturbo.com/products/connector/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yogar have you ever found a solution to this? We are currently getting data from QlickView for our Power BI reports and it is all manual. I would really appreciate any advise on automation! Regards, Eugene

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors