Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Darren_Linc
Helper I
Helper I

Column not found when published to service but fine on desktop

Hello,

We have a Sharepoint list linked to a PBI report which I've recently made several amendments on including using the new preview table. The report refreshes fine with no errors on the desktop side of things but when I publish to a shared workspace the report won't refresh and gives the error of "The column "HasUniqueRoleAssignments" of the table wasn't found. I've tried renaming and republishing and have gone through the queries and checked the code and removed the column where present and still it gives the error message but ONLY when published. I'm confused as to why this is happening and uncertain as to how to resolve it.

Activity Id: 4b830011-4b2d-4adf-a223-3723e4654561
Request Id: f1060911-e452-4f4c-9cdc-75adc239c616
Cluster Name: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Many Thanks in Advance,

Darren

5 REPLIES 5
Darren_Linc
Helper I
Helper I

This error is still occuring, I really don't want to rebuild an entire report because of this, especially if it can be resolved?

@Darren_Linc - i posted in the other thread as well, but in case the others here dont see that - 

Crappy workaround i have that seems to work: 

In order to avoid referencing the columns that are magically put into the report, use the "Remove Other Columns" feature in the Query Editor.  If you select the ABSOLUTE minimum number of columns you are using for your report across ALL data sets synced, (ctrl + shift + click) to select only the columns you are using... and then right click and select remove other columns the steps reference only the used columns.  

Thus you get something like this: 

#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1",{"Column 1", "Column 2", "Column 3", "Column 3")

instead of:

#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Removed Other Columns",{"ERROR CAUSING COLUMN 1". "ERROR CAUSING COLUMN 2". "ERROR CAUSING COLUMN 3". "ERROR CAUSING COLUMN 4". })

Once you remove them with this method, the Web application does not know that the bad columns exsist and completes a full refresh.  

I have multiple reports with 5-10 data sources with 30+ columns each.... but it works.  And this is a total work stopper for my org. so it stinks..

Let me know if this works for you or not

I've tested it and it worked! Great stuff! Like you said it's a temporary work around but a clever one nonetheless. Spot on with the coding too, it makes sense, if we keep this thread open for now and hopefully MS will get back to us with a patch. 

DolEgon22
Advocate II
Advocate II

That makes 3 of us. Sounds like a widespread problem.

johanDeWeerdt
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Since yesterday I expierience the exact same issue. 

Need help, fast...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors