Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Philip
Frequent Visitor

Cannot connect to Company BigQuery

Hi all, 
Hoping someone can help!

I love that there is now a BigQuery connector - BUT the only data I'm presented with is the BigQuery public dataset.

What do I need to do to connect to my own company's BigQuery data?

My P BI profile has access to my compan's BigQuery data

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Philip

Currently, there is a issue using the BigQuery connector to connect to your own projects and not bigquery-public-data, the issue will be fixed in Oct 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

There is a similar thread for your reference.
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/BigQuery-connector-not-working-when-connected-to-non-bigquery...

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

I've just downloaded the October release of PBI Desktop and receive an error when trying to use the GBQ (beta) connector:

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: SSL connect error
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: SSL connect error"

Has anyone had success connecting to their own projects with the October release? Either import or DQ?

Same error here.

It's December 1st now.

Anyone succceeding to connect to their own BQ datasets?

UPDATE: Updated to the latest version and it seems working now. 🙂

DZ

richie68
Regular Visitor

Hi

I am also really pleased that the Google Big Query Connector has gone live but I am getting the below error - any ideas?

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (20) Query execution failed:
Details:
DataSourceKind=GoogleBigQuery
DataSourcePath=GoogleBigQuery
OdbcErrors=Table

Any help much appreciated!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Philip,

Based on this blog, with this connector, you can select data from the bigquery-public-data project and any other project associated with your Google BigQuery account. 

I am not familiar with company's BigQuery data, does Power BI Desktop show other projects associated with your account besides the public data project?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,,

Thank you for your post.

The problem is, is that I'm only seeing public big query data and not my onw company's data using the connector.

@Philip,

The connector is still under development, I would recommend you submit an idea here:https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200 .

In addition, what is the result when you import data from Google BigQuery using an ODBC driver?

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors