Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pgerula
Frequent Visitor

Can't refresh data after appending queries - PowerBIGateway 14.16.64.64.1

After instalation of PowerBIGateway 14.16.64.64.1 I can't set data gateway (on-premises gateway) if report contain append queries.

It is possible to set data gateway settings to personal mode but not on-premises gateway in report which contain append query.

17 REPLIES 17
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@pgerula,

I am not able to reproduce this issue from my side, would  you mind sharing me the PBIX file so that I can test? Do mask sensitive data before uploading PBIX.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

I shared pbix and source. Test01.pbix is a copy of Test.pbix but with appended table from test01.xlsx and test02.xlsx

As you after publish secont pbix it is not possible to set data gateway.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApsU07jWvdcMlrgI_zecRHYb8SydNA

Regards,

Pawel

@pgerula,

I can't reproduce your issue using your PBIX file.

I note that you put the excel files in a shared folder, does gateway works when you connect to excel files which are put in local path?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Excel files are on network share and Power BI On-premises data gateway is configured by Data File Share.

On this scenario published test.pbix and I can set Gateway connection to Use a data gateway (test01.jpg) but after I added appended queries at this pbix (test01.pbix) and when I pubilshed it than I can't set Gateway connection by data gateway (Test02.jpg)

Regards,

Pawel

@pgerula,

Yes, I understand your scenario. Could you please check if you get same issue when you put excel files on local folder rather than network share?

Regards,
Lydia

Hi Lydia,

It doesn't make sense.

What' the possibility to set Full path to local folder on-premise date gateway?

Data gateway on-premise will not have access whena I turn off my computer. 

Regards,

Pawel

@pgerula,

This issue has been reported internally, I will post back once I get updates.

Currently, please check if the workaround in the following similar  thread works for you.
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Strange-Gateway-issue/td-p/269883

Regards,
Lydia

Hi Lydia,

We have also the same problem - for many months automatic updates were working fine, and this week part of them were in error. Since then no way to connect to the on-premises Gateway as far as we have appends in the model (both and independently for Excel tables on a FTP server or MySQL sources).

Extremely frustrating and blocking as process!

Please help to solve this rapidly!

Hi Lydia,

I tested your suggestion and it works, but it is not acceptable for many files used at gateway.

Can you tell me when this situation will be fixed?

Best Regards,

Pawel

@pgerula,

The team is fixing this issue, once the issue is fixed, I will post back.

Regards,
Lydia

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft, any updates on this one?  Issue stills seems to exist.

Thanks,

Brett

Hi Brett, we realised two weeks ago that the problem resolved by itself ... without any change from our side...So now we are able to refresh again.

Good luck to you!

Dimitar

We are on 14.16.6650.1 and the issue still exists for me.  I have two reports with exactly the same data sources.  The only difference is that in 1 report I append 2 queries together and in the other I leave them as seperate.  For the report with appended queries I get the following warning in the section for scheduling a refresh: "You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new data gateway, or configure the data source for an existing data gateway."

Interesting, no luck for me.  I'll need to check what version we are running.

Thanks,

Brett

Good to hear that.

Thank you,

Pawel

Are people having the same issue with ODBC sources? I see most people are having issues with folders of CSV files and appending. I have two ODBC databases (5 tables each). I can refresh without apending, after apending just two table with each other no.

Any update from MS on new gateway?

Hi Lydia,

I am facing the same problem in several clients, after updating the Data Gateway.

The suggested workaround is not suitable at all, especially when you have Power BI Models connecting to a shared folder with lots of Excel files, that is constantly been updated.

I cannot ask my client that for each new Excel file dropped into the folder, he needs to access the gateway definitions and insert new entries.

Can you tell me if this situation is to be fixed as soon as possible?

Many thanks,

Pedro Fardilha

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors