Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ninsights
Helper III
Helper III

Can Connect to some of my Mailchimp accounts but not others

I can connect to some of my Mailchimp accounts, but not the one I need to use. The only difference would be that the account I'm trying to connect to has more than one list and has had actions of sunsibscribes. How do I resolve this connection?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ninsights,

In Power BI Service, you would need to delete existing dataset about Mailchimp when you want to switch to other Mailchimp account.

You can use Power BI Desktop to connect to Mailchimp instead , this way, you will be able to change the account in data source settings.
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ninsights,

Do you use MailChimp content pack in Power BI Service or MailChimp connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to your data source? And what error message do you get?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was using the BI Service. I think it doesn't like when you try to switch to another Mailchimp account. I used mailchimp Account #1 for the simple test, which worked. Then when I tried to switch to Mailchimp Account #2, it didn't work. It just kept refreshing Mailchimp Account #1. I had to delete everything that was connected Mailchimp and start over, It doesn't seem as simple as switching the login credentials to another Mailchimp account. I eventually got it working, but it was painful to delete it all and start again.

Hi @ninsights,

In Power BI Service, you would need to delete existing dataset about Mailchimp when you want to switch to other Mailchimp account.

You can use Power BI Desktop to connect to Mailchimp instead , this way, you will be able to change the account in data source settings.
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors