Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Marcin
Helper V
Helper V

Azure Analysis Services connection issue

Hi,

my client want to consult with me his report in Power BI. For this case he created new user in his AzureAD and gave me credentials. 

I am able to connect to PowerBI service and explore published reports. Reports are connected in Live Connection mode into Azure Analysis Services.

The problem starts when I download pbix file from serivce and try to open file with PowerBI desktop app,  I got this error : 

error.pngI can connect to model with Excel and see data, this user is in roles for RLS security. 

My powerbi desktop app is from January 2018 version. 

Any idea ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Marcin,

This issue has been fixed. Please open your PBIX file in Power BI Desktop and check it.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Marcin,

This issue has been fixed. Please open your PBIX file in Power BI Desktop and check it.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What was the change the allowed the soultion to be fixed

I'm having simliar issues. I'm not sure I follow what the solution is.  I've created a new data set and azure using sql databae and uploaded my power bi file that connects to the databae in asure to create a analyis service model.  After the analyis service cube is created I download the power bi file that is genered by ssas and the error shows.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Marcin,

We need to verify that if your client share you the dataset and report in Power BI service and you get error after download PBIX file from Power BI Service.

Also we need to know that how the client share the dataset and report to you.

Regards,
Lydia

HI,

@v-yuezhe-msft client send me the pbix file with report and gave me credentials to log into Analysis services.  

But when I opened that report on different computer the problem did not occur, which is very strange.  I don't know why it only appear on my computer. 

@Marcin,

Do you use different versions of Power BI Desktop on the two different computers?

This is a known issue that we would get the above error message when connecting to Azure Analysis Services in the January version of Power BI Desktop, I will post back once there are any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors