Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Advance Editor Query Copy Paste Error and SQL Dumper EXE error

I have serveral Power BI files with different countries/region. All the files will have the same type of dashboard display but with only diffrent filters and parameters. The source file were from Salesforce report.
I tried copying and pasting the advance editor and it works. However, when I run refresh or close and apply the edit queries, my data were messed up showing all the full set of data. How do I solve this ?

Another issue I have was when I managed the relationship. I received this message called SQL Dumper EXE error black command screen. After that it automatically closes my power BI file. It happens all the time when I tried to connect the relationship from diffrent tables from the same source. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes all the power querey steps were correct. Speculation was one of the file has been corrupted, since copying from other file source is working.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. When you refresh, please check which parameter values you already set. As Power Query has filter based on Query Parameter, check if the parameter value actually return full set of data or not. 

2. The issue has been reported before internally, the fix will be released on this month. Please use Manage Relationships to work around the issue. 

w5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

1. Yes when it refresh it retrun full set of data. Which i do not want it to. I need my data to maintain.

2. Ok thank you will wait the fix this month.

Hi @Anonymous,

Regarding the first issue, I mean please check current Query Parameter value to compare returned data to see if it's expected. 

Also would you please share the issued pbix file with us? If it has sensitive data, you upload pbix file to you OneDrive and send the link to me in private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

The querey parameter is fine. No issue at all. If I do it manually by repeating adding formula, conditional collumn, format, then it is all fine. The issue only comes when I copy and paste the steps in advance editior.

Hi @Anonymous,

Please click on Advanced Editor, check if each step in Power Query reference the correct previous steps name like below: 

e3.PNG

Also you can compare is there any difference between generated Power Query result from those two ways. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes all the power querey steps were correct. Speculation was one of the file has been corrupted, since copying from other file source is working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors