Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nicfurlong
Regular Visitor

Adding a details screen to a PowerBiIntegration App

Using this video as inspiration (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CjGKoXem0I)

I've successfully created an app using power apps, within my power bi dashboard. 

However, when it automatically created my app, it created an app that only has a single screen with a single gallery. When I go to build the details screen for a selected item, I'm failing to connect the PowerBiInegration.data into my second screen. 

Am I missing something here? Feels like I'm missing something obvious here, but I've been looking for 2 days now and am nowhere futhur than I was 2 days ago. 

Seems odd that it would generate the list using my data, but not allow me to create a details screen using the data I'm sending it via Power Bi. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

So to recap, I want to create a power app within my power bi app. The app is created within Power Apps and is successfully syncd to Power Bi. Within Power Apps, I'm unable to add a details screen as I cannot link the data source to my Details Form. 

2 REPLIES 2
Quindici
Frequent Visitor

I found this to be WAY more difficult than it needed to be also.

assume you have a powerBIIntegration object in the tree view? If not you need to select your PowerApp APP properly in the PowerBI Service!

If you created an APP using DATA it isnt  "related" to the data in the integration object (fields added in Power BI).

To make this work I added the following code to the Gallery Object Item definition. My data has UID as its Primary Key.  On another screen I had to add an object (I used a datatable) that I could pull the selected value for UID from.

It would have been easier if there was a way to reference the PowerBIIntegration.data.uid directly.

LookUp('[dbo].[FY20AOP]' , UID = DataTable1.Selected.UID )

Hope this helped.

George ...

renparbar

Same problem here!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors