Help with accommodation options for long distance travelers.

by Phil_Seamark Super Contributor on ‎02-16-2017 09:08 PM

Hotels in downtown Seattle are very expensive, so wondering if there might be some option to help groups of delegates stay a as a group further from the CBD and share transport in/out of the venue each day.  

Especially for people visiting from overseas.  Could be a great chance to share tips/tricks.

Comments
by kcantor New Contributor
on ‎02-27-2017 08:23 AM

If it were me, i might look into AirBNB for group accomodations and just set up a topic to see if anyone wanted to join.

by residentx Member
on ‎06-27-2017 01:26 PM

Phil, one minute you want the event to be in Las Vegas(way more expensive) and then you complain about the hotels in Seattle. I stayed at the Fairmont but if I would have stayed anywhere on rail line, I could have gotten a hotel for $125-150/night. I even had confirmed reservations until I got the nice rate at the Fairmont. Try booking ahead of time next time.

by Phil_Seamark Super Contributor
on ‎06-29-2017 12:19 AM

Hi @residentx

I wasn't meaning to sound like I was complaining.  I was just wondering if there was a tech-smart way to help bulk secure a cheaper accommodation rate for the conference.

I was a first time visitor to Seattle only realised after visiting that I didn't need CBD accommodation with the excellent (and cheap!) rail line.  Perhaps this info before the conference may have been helpful. Smiley Happy

Looking forward to coming next year.

I've only ever been to Las Vegas in winter when rooms in the big hotels can be as cheap as $40 per night which is only about 40 mins of winnings on a roulette table. Smiley Happy