Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

alozovoy
Advocate I
Advocate I

SQL Endpoint Slow To Reflect Changes In Lakehouse

I have been using notebooks to create and modify delta tables for several months. I run the notebooks in the browser app and then I query the table using the SQL endpoint to validate the changes. I use SSMS 19 to excecute the queries.

I have noticed that recently it takes much longer for the changes to show up through the SQL endpoint. I just did a test where I modified a table in a notebook and then repeatedly ran a query every few seconds until I saw the changes. It took almost 10 minutes from notebook completion until the table changes were reflected in the results of the query.

I'm curious if other users have noticed this delay recently and what delay should be considered normal. It has never been instant, but the current delay is a huge constraint to being able to test and validate changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Microsoft support told me that it is a known issue and is in their internal issues tracker. However, it will not be added to the public Fabric Known Issues page. There is currently no timeline for a fix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JosueMolina
Helper I
Helper I

Here adding that I have experienced the same thing, where a new column or renaming has happened on the Lakehouse, the SQL will not reflect it immediately. Something that happened before with no issue. We are also unable to see accesses given to Lakehouses being reflected in the SQL endpoint for Report consumers

Microsoft support told me that it is a known issue and is in their internal issues tracker. However, it will not be added to the public Fabric Known Issues page. There is currently no timeline for a fix.

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alozovoy ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community. 

While I wasn't able to replicate the long delay you're experiencing, here are two things you can try:

• Give it some time: Sometimes things can be slow momentarily. Wait a few minutes and try querying again.
  • Refresh your connection: Closing and reopening the Fabric

If the issue persists after trying these suggestions, please let me know

The issue continues even after refreshing.

I have opened a Microsoft Support ticket #2402160010002646.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.